Have you ever wondered how to get better results from your website… It’s all about the user experience. We sometimes forget that if we want people to interact with our products or services we need to understand their objectives, motivations and concerns. In order to do that our projects all share these user experience design elements:
- We start the project by understanding the people that are going to use what we are creating.
- From that understanding we define the problem. Once the problem is defined we can propose solutions.
- Throughout the process we test our research, ideas, designs and interactions to make sure we are getting the correct results.
User Experience Case Study
This case features Sea Dwellers, a prominent destination dive center located in Key Largo, Florida. We found that there was a disconnect between the user experience and the content on their website. Our solution was to provide a better connection between the dive center and the goals of the customer.
- To understand the beginning diver, we interviewed people that were in the process of becoming certified divers.
- From the interviews we found that there were some common perceptions of difficulty breathing, feelings of claustrophobia, and overall anxiety about breathing underwater. Once the problem was defined, we determined that video content would best address those concerns and then integrated it with social media for a more comprehensive solution.
- Within days there was a surge in positive feedback and confirmation that they were getting the correct results. You can view one of the videos above.